Shares of Netflix closed up 14.01% on Tuesday after the two companies announced the multi-year licensing agreement. Under the terms of the deal, Netflix becomes the exclusive U.S. subscription TV service for first-run Disney live-action and animated feature films.
Amazon (AMZN) shares gained 0.2% to $252.99 on Wednesday after rising 0.86% during Tuesday's trading.
Evercore Partners raised its Amazon price target to $290 from $270 on Wednesday, citing "favorable" intra-quarter trends. These include upbeat commentary on Amazon's holiday performance at Tuesday's Think Commerce Global Summit event, positive "Cyber" shopping holiday performance and encouraging takeaways from the recent Amazon Web Services conference, according to Evercore's Ken Sena.Apple (AAPL), however, was a loser before market open, slipping 0.9% to $570.65. The iPhone maker's shares closed down 1.76% on Tuesday. Investors will be closely watching Pandora (P) on Wednesday. Pandora's shares plunged in extended trading on Tuesday after the Internet media company delivered a downbeat fourth-quarter forecast. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV