Shares of Netflix closed up 14.01% on Tuesday after the two companies announced the multi-year licensing agreement. Under the terms of the deal, Netflix becomes the exclusive U.S. subscription TV service for first-run Disney live-action and animated feature films.
Amazon (AMZN) shares gained 0.2% to $252.99 on Wednesday after rising 0.86% during Tuesday's trading.
Evercore Partners raised its Amazon price target to $290 from $270 on Wednesday, citing "favorable" intra-quarter trends. These include upbeat commentary on Amazon's holiday performance at Tuesday's Think Commerce Global Summit event, positive "Cyber" shopping holiday performance and encouraging takeaways from the recent Amazon Web Services conference, according to Evercore's Ken Sena.Apple (AAPL), however, was a loser before market open, slipping 0.9% to $570.65. The iPhone maker's shares closed down 1.76% on Tuesday. Investors will be closely watching Pandora (P) on Wednesday. Pandora's shares plunged in extended trading on Tuesday after the Internet media company delivered a downbeat fourth-quarter forecast. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV