Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (NYSE: ETH), a leading interior design company and manufacturer and retailer of quality home furnishings, will leverage the Demandware Commerce platform as the digital foundation of its global expansion strategy. Ethan Allen recently launched its first site on the Demandware platform in Canada to coincide with the grand opening of its first Design Center in Montreal. Ethan Allen plans to re-launch its U.S. ecommerce site with Demandware in 2013 in addition to site launches in other countries including Europe to support its new design center in Brussels.
“We are focused on growing our global business by generating awareness for our brand including where we do not yet have brick and mortar locations. Our expanded online presence, powered by Demandware, will help us reach more customers to raise awareness of the Ethan Allen brand, while also driving traffic into our international Design Centers,” said Farooq Kathwari, Chairman and CEO of Ethan Allen. “With Demandware, we can roll out sites quickly across the globe and deliver the high level of customer service for which Ethan Allen is known.”
Beyond the extensive capabilities that enable global operations on a single instance, the new Ethan Allen sites will incorporate a number of features to enhance the shopping experience. Each country specific site will also provide local currency pricing and offer multiple language options for the customer.
“Demandware is excited to have a company such as Ethan Allen using the Demandware platform. With our platform, companies have the capabilities necessary to move into new markets fast, without sacrificing the integrity and quality of their brand experience,” said Tom Ebling, CEO of Demandware.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV