Global And China Electronic Glass Industry Report, 2012
In 2012, the PV industry encountered frigid winter, so the PV glass market suffered a slash in profit while the shipment saw a slight drop. In general, the PV glass mainly falls into ultra-clear PV patterned glass, ultra-clear float glass and TCO glass; wherein, the market size of ultra-clear PV patterned glass is predicted to approximate USD1.503 billion in 2012, down 5% from a year earlier, and the market scale of TCO glass will be around USD862 million, a light decline of 5% from 2011.
In terms of performance, cover glass is the best. In 2012, equipments valued USD855 million are equipped with cover glass, of which, 86% comes from mobile phones and 12% from tablet PC. In 2012, the market scale of cover glass soared to USD3.13 billion spurred by the robust demand for Apple products in 2012, compared to the USD2.15 billion in 2011. The top 3 players are Fuji Crystal (Bern Optical), LENS Technology and G-Tech Optoelectronics Corp.
Major bases of Bern Optical are located in Shenzhen and Huizhou. For Apple, around 45% cover glass products are offered by Bern Optical. And bases of LENS Technology mainly sit in Changsha, Liuyang and Shenzhen; G-Tech Optoelectronics Corp. is affiliated to Foxconn Technology Group; Firstar Panel, a company located in the Chinese mainland, is heavily reliant on its big customer-Nokia. Since the sales volume of Nokia performed poorly, the business performance of Firstar Panel also declined. Table of Contents 1. Downstream Market of Electronic Glass 1.1 Downstream Market of Touch Panel 1.1.1 Global Mobile Phone Market 1.2.2 Global Mobile Phone Industry 1.1.3 China Mobile Phone Industry
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV