NEW YORK -- Broadcom (BRCM) lifted its outlook for fourth-quarter revenue on Wednesday to $2 billion to $2.1 billion, from its previous range of $1.95 billion to $2.1 billion.
The chipmaker cited better-than-expected results in its wireless division.
Lululemon Athletica (LULU), the athletic apparel maker, is expected by analysts Thursday to post third-quarter profit of 37 cents a share on revenue of $305.1 million. 5 Stocks Insiders are Stashing
Smithfield Foods (SFD), the meat producer, is seen earning 44 cents a share in its fiscal second quarter on revenue of $3.3 billion.
Shares of Apple (AAPL) declined 6.4% to $538.79 on Wednesday on reports of a margin hike at one clearing firm and concerns over component supplies falling next year. It was Apple's biggest single-day loss in four years. Apple shares are also nearing a "death cross," when a stock's 50-day moving average cuts below the 200-day moving average.
Deutsche Bank (DB)used fuzzy math during the financial crisis to avoid more than $12 billion in derivatives losses, according to allegations made by former bank staff in a report by The Financial Times. Deutsche Bank Papered Over $12 Billion Loss, Report Says
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV