(NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced that its customer base is expanding, as thousands of customers are signing up each month for the company’s open cloud services. With the complete suite of OpenStack
-based cloud solutions now in full production, Rackspace offers an open, fast and simple cloud experience by providing customers with true choice and control without the fear of being locked-in to proprietary technologies.
“We had an aggressive agenda for our open cloud platform in 2012. By delivering on the goals we set for ourselves this year, we’ve turned our vision into a reality and are now providing businesses with an unprecedented level of choice around how to use the cloud,” said John Engates, chief technology officer at Rackspace. “As customers advance in their journey to the cloud, they are becoming aware of proprietary technologies that lock them in to specific architectures and vendors. Customers today are realizing the power of choice, and delivering that to our customers, along with powerful features, will remain a top priority as we look ahead to next year.”
The introduction of
Rackspace’s open cloud
marks the first time any company has deployed a large-scale open source public cloud powered by OpenStack
. Customers can now select from private or public cloud, dedicated, virtualized or hybrid offerings and have the flexibility to deploy their private cloud in their own datacenter, a Rackspace data center or another data center of their choice.
The Rackspace open cloud platform launch featured the release of key products in 2012 including:
- Cloud Servers – highly elastic servers available on-demand
- Cloud Databases - high performance MySQL databases
- Cloud Monitoring – global monitoring for web infrastructure
- Cloud Backup – file level, encrypted, compressed, automated backups for peace of mind
- Cloud Block Storage - predictable performance on standard or SSD drives
- Cloud Networks - software defined Level 2 networking for increased security
- New Control Panel – powerful, yet simple and intuitive
These join over 70 products and service launches, and updates Rackspace released in the last 12 months, reflecting a commitment and investment to innovation.