Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced that its customer base is expanding, as thousands of customers are signing up each month for the company’s open cloud services. With the complete suite of OpenStack ®-based cloud solutions now in full production, Rackspace offers an open, fast and simple cloud experience by providing customers with true choice and control without the fear of being locked-in to proprietary technologies.
“We had an aggressive agenda for our open cloud platform in 2012. By delivering on the goals we set for ourselves this year, we’ve turned our vision into a reality and are now providing businesses with an unprecedented level of choice around how to use the cloud,” said John Engates, chief technology officer at Rackspace. “As customers advance in their journey to the cloud, they are becoming aware of proprietary technologies that lock them in to specific architectures and vendors. Customers today are realizing the power of choice, and delivering that to our customers, along with powerful features, will remain a top priority as we look ahead to next year.”
The introduction of Rackspace’s open cloud marks the first time any company has deployed a large-scale open source public cloud powered by OpenStack ®. Customers can now select from private or public cloud, dedicated, virtualized or hybrid offerings and have the flexibility to deploy their private cloud in their own datacenter, a Rackspace data center or another data center of their choice.
The Rackspace open cloud platform launch featured the release of key products in 2012 including:
- Cloud Servers – highly elastic servers available on-demand
- Cloud Databases - high performance MySQL databases
- Cloud Monitoring – global monitoring for web infrastructure
- Cloud Backup – file level, encrypted, compressed, automated backups for peace of mind
- Cloud Block Storage - predictable performance on standard or SSD drives
- Cloud Networks - software defined Level 2 networking for increased security
- New Control Panel – powerful, yet simple and intuitive
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV