Frost & Sullivan: Australia Leads Cloud Adoption In APAC
SYDNEY, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Australian cloud computing market was worth US$ 882.4 million in 2012 and is expected to reach US$ 3.33 billion in 2016. Frost & Sullivan expects this market to grow at a CAGR of 40.3% from 2011-2016.
According to Andrew Milroy, Vice President, ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific, cloud computing is witnessing growing traction in Australia. Indeed, Australia is leading cloud adoption in the Asia Pacific region.
"Almost a third of businesses in Asia Pacific today use cloud computing. In Australia, 43% of businesses have adopted cloud computing, the highest in the region," said Milroy at Frost & Sullivan's ICT outlook briefing 2013 held in Sydney today.
The increasing use of cloud computing together with mobility, big data and social media are transforming the ways in which organizations and individuals engage with one another. They are also transforming the way business is conducted. Key changes include a reduction in the size of IT departments and much greater cross industry convergence."The use of cloud services will reduce the need for many traditional IT activities. Cloud services drive automation, self service, and self provisioning to the extent that the need for support services provided by IT departments will decline dramatically," said Milroy. He added, "The use of mobile devices that are sourced by individuals (BYOD) also eliminates some support tasks as well as procurement activities." The shrinking of IT departments will change the role of IT. CIOs and their teams will increasingly focus on enabling the use of technology across the organization. Their focus will be on ensuring that when employees use technology, they comply with policies and regulations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV