World Leaders Urged To Tackle Runaway Climate Change
EIA Atmospheric Policy Analyst Danielle Gagne said: "An 8-13 gigatonne gap between pledges made and what is needed to stay below two degrees Celsius must be addressed at CoP18. One of the best, most cost-effective, and immediate ways to address this gap is for Ministers to pledge to phase out these super greenhouse gases by sending a clear signal urging the Montreal Protocol to control the production and consumption of HFCs."
Interviews are available on request: please contact Danielle Gagne, at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 202-483-6621.
1. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is a US and UK based Non Governmental Organisation and charitable trust that investigates and campaigns against a wide range of environmental crimes, including illegal wildlife trade, illegal logging, hazardous waste, and trade in climate and ozone-altering chemicals.2. Read EIA's open letter at http://www.eia-global.org/PDF/UNFCCC_ministerial_letter_Dec42012.pdf 3. The Kyoto Protocol, established in 1997, controls emissions of six greenhouse gases, namely carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), nitrous oxide (N2O), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and sulphur hexafluoride (SF6). 4. Read EIA's briefing for COP18, Closing the Emissions Gap: Time to Phase Out HFCs, at http://www.eia-international.org/closing-the-emissions-gap-time-to-phase-out-hfcs 5. Read UNEP's Emissions Gap 2012 report at http://www.unep.org/pdf/2012gapreport.pdf SOURCE Environmental Investigation Agency
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV