In addition to these health benefits, pets in the office can:
- Increase productivity and provide inspiration: Having pets nearby can help keep an employee relaxed and happy – making work more enjoyable.
- Improve job satisfaction: At Purina, employee surveys show Pets@Work is a big benefit, and the company also believes it helps with employee retention.
- Encourage co-worker interaction: Pets add another layer of interaction between co-workers, and otherwise quiet employees can become more engaged when talking to a co-worker about their pets.
- Promote healthy break time: Dog owners tend to spend their breaks walking and caring for their dogs, getting them on their feet. Even just taking a few minutes to play with a pet can help provide a mental break and lower stress.
- Project healthy work-life balance: For many people, pets are a huge part of their lives. Companies that encourage pets in the workplace show that they care about their employees and the balance between work and home.
Purina provides five simple steps for pet owners to help create a welcoming, pet-friendly program at their workplace. For more information, visit
No purchase necessary to participate or win. For complete contest information, visit
for the official rules, nomination requirements and eligibility details. Valid in the 50 United States and D.C. Void where prohibited.
About Nestle Purina
Nestle Purina PetCare Company is a global leader in the pet care industry and promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestle Purina is located at Checkerboard Square in
St. Louis, Missouri
. Nestle Purina is part of Swiss-based Nestle, the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company.
Los Angeles Times
: "Bringing Your Dog to Work Can Ease Stress, Study Finds,"
March 30, 2012
**Center for Disease Control website (
) "Health Benefits of Pets;"
July 28, 2010
SOURCE Nestle Purina PetCare