Purina Is Searching For America's Most Pet-Friendly Companies
Pet lovers can log on to www.purina.com/contest and tell how pets have made a positive impact on their workplace and why their workday is better – for them and their pet – because their office is pet friendly. Entrants must describe their employer's "Pets at Work" program, answer both of the following questions, and provide 3-5 photos that show pets in their workplace:
- How do pets truly have a positive impact in your workplace?
- How is having a pet-friendly office mutually beneficial for employees and pets?
The nominations will be judged by three criteria:
- Does the nomination demonstrate how pets make life at work better for both the employees and the pets?
- Will the nomination inspire other businesses to integrate pets into their own office environments?
- Does the nomination include a description of the nominee's "Pets at Work" program?
Nominations will be accepted until January 15, 2013. The winner will be announced in the spring of 2013.
A recent study* has shown that employees who bring their pets to work tend to have a lower stress level by the end of the day. Stress in the workplace has been associated with negative physical and psychological outcomes, including a general decline in physical health. The study found that interacting with their pets lowered the levels of cortisol in the employees' bodies, a stress-related hormone that can lead to high cholesterol levels, hypertension and depression.The Center for Disease Control** says that having pets can help reduce blood pressure, in addition to decreasing loneliness, helping to lower cholesterol levels and encouraging physical activity. The better an employee feels on a regular basis, the more they are able to stay focused and produce quality work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV