Purina Is Searching For America's Most Pet-Friendly Companies
ST. LOUIS, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fifteen years ago, Nestle Purina PetCare recognized the benefits of allowing employees to bring their pets to work and started a "Pets at Work" program. For a company whose motto is "Your Pet, Our Passion," it seems natural that every week hundreds of dogs and cats are brought to Purina's St. Louis campus, and associates and their furry friends enjoy each other's company every day.
Purina is now conducting a nationwide search to identify America's most pet-friendly workplaces with the "Purina Pets At Work Contest." Pet lovers can submit a story and photos about how their company is pet friendly, and Purina will help one winning business become even more pet friendly and donate $10,000 to a local pet welfare organization.Award-winning actor John O'Hurley, well known for his role as J. Peterman on the television show "Seinfield," will help pick the winning company and will visit their office next spring to present the Grand Prize – a makeover to outfit the business with pet-friendly materials (valued at $5,000), and a $10,000 donation to a local pet shelter. O'Hurley also appeared in a video that aired during the National Dog Show Presented by Purina on NBC on Thanksgiving Day to discuss the benefits of bringing pets to work. "I've visited the Purina offices and they clearly believe that spending time with pets can help make life better – for pets and pet owners," said O'Hurley, who serves as co-host of the National Dog Show Presented by Purina. "As a lifelong dog owner and someone who shares Purina's passion for pets, I'm thrilled to celebrate other companies that see the benefits of encouraging pets in the workplace."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV