Slate U.S. Opportunity (No. 1) Realty Trust Provides Update On Recent Acquisition Activity
/NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES/
TORONTO, Dec. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - Slate U.S. Opportunity (# 1) Realty Trust (the "Trust") announced today that it has completed two previously disclosed transactions.
Westhaven Town Center located in Franklin, Tennessee ( Greater Nashville) was purchased for U.S. $14,500,000 (U.S. $149 PSF) at an approximate 8.2% going-in cap rate. The asset is 96% occupied, anchored by a Harris Teeter grocery store on a long-term lease.
Bowling Green Plaza and Madison Plaza are located in Bowling Green and Madison, Virginia, respectively. The two properties were purchased for a combined U.S. $7,940,000 (U.S. $80 PSF) at an approximate 8.8% going-in cap rate. The assets are 90% occupied, both anchored by Food Lion and Family Dollar.Including the above-mentioned transactions, the Trust has acquired twelve (12) assets since completing its initial public offering in April 2012. The Trust was established for the primary purpose of indirectly acquiring, owning and leasing a portfolio of diversified revenue-producing commercial real estate properties in the U.S. with a focus on anchored retail properties. Slate Properties Inc. ("Slate") is the trust Manager. About Slate: Slate is a Toronto-based commercial real estate investor and asset manager. Slate's founding partners have significant experience managing complex real estate transactions in domestic and international markets. Since 2005, the company has acquired 48 commercial real estate assets across North America with a total value of approximately C$1 billion. Slate's in-house team of asset management professionals have over 80 years of combined experience. The company manages and co-invests in the Trust, Slate U.S. Opportunity (# 2) Realty Trust, and a closed-end fund of U.S. retail assets. SOURCE SLATE PROPERTIES INC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV