Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX) announced today that the company’s Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.11 per share, payable on December 24, 2012 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on December 14, 2012.
“The $0.11 dividend announced today would normally be declared in the first quarter of 2013 in conjunction with our earnings release for the fourth quarter of 2012. However, given both our strong financial position and the strong likelihood of a substantial increase in the federal tax on dividends that are paid after December 31, 2012, the Board of Directors decided that it was in the best economic interest of our shareholders to pay both the $0.11 dividend for Q4 and the very special dividend of $1.00, that was announced earlier today, this year,” said Robert J. Shillman, Chairman and Founder of Cognex.
About Cognex Corporation
Cognex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures and markets a range of products that incorporate sophisticated machine vision technology that gives them the ability to “see.” Cognex products include barcode readers, machine vision sensors and machine vision systems that are used in factories, warehouses and distribution centers around the world to guide, gauge, inspect, identify and assure the quality of items during the manufacturing and distribution process. Cognex is the world's leader in the machine vision industry, having shipped more than 800,000 vision-based products, representing over $3 billion in cumulative revenue, since the company's founding in 1981. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, USA, Cognex has regional offices and distributors located throughout North America, Japan, Europe, Asia and Latin America. For details visit Cognex online at http://www.cognex.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV