Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of Texas’s leading health benefits companies, announced today that the company’s Medicare Advantage health plan members will have in-network access to the inpatient, outpatient and emergency services provided by Baylor Health Care System in Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, Denton and Ellis counties effective Dec. 15, 2012.
Seniors and other beneficiaries eligible for of Medicare who sign up for a Humana Medicare Advantage health maintenance organization (HMO) or preferred provider organization (PPO) health plan during the Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP), ending Dec. 7, 2012, will have in-network benefits during the 2013 plan year.
Humana’s commercial members and individual medical members (HumanaOne®) already have in-network access to Baylor Health Care System. Baylor Health Care System services and facilities included in the agreement are:
- 30 hospitals that are owned, operated, joint ventured or affiliated with Baylor Health Care System
- 26 ambulatory surgical/endoscopy centers
- 193 HealthTexas locations
- 83 satellite outpatient facilities – imaging, rehabilitation and pain
- 3 senior health centers
- 3 retail pharmacies
In addition, Humana has signed an agreement with the newly-formed Baylor Quality Alliance, a clinically-integrated model recently launched by Baylor Health Care System that includes the 600 HealthTexas employed physicians and 900 independent physicians in an accountable alliance with the Baylor Health Care System hospitals. The agreement aligns incentives under a new contract structure that rewards physicians affiliated with Baylor Quality Alliance for improved quality and efficiency outcomes for Humana’s Medicare Advantage members.“We are excited to partner with both Baylor Health Care System and Baylor Quality Alliance to substantially increase health care options for our Medicare Advantage members who live in North Texas,” said George Smith, M.D., Humana’s President of Senior Products for the Southwest Region. “This partnership is unique and provides Humana members health care choices in ways that improve quality, efficiency, cost and coordination among providers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV