Embracing the Fiscal Cliff
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With President Obama demanding an increase in marginal tax rates and Republicans in Congress still unable to sign on to any deal that increases them, we've reached an insurmountable block -- we're going over the fiscal cliff.
Despite apoplexy from the media and many in the business community over the negative economic impact from hurtling over, I'm not sure that this Armegeddon, like so many other advertised "end of economic days," is going to live up to the hype.
While there will certainly be some slowdown attached with the fall, there's a lot to like about the repeal of all the Bush tax cuts and the sequestration, or automatic spending cuts.
I talk about "embracing the cliff"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV