Embracing the Fiscal Cliff
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With President Obama demanding an increase in marginal tax rates and Republicans in Congress still unable to sign on to any deal that increases them, we've reached an insurmountable block -- we're going over the fiscal cliff.
Despite apoplexy from the media and many in the business community over the negative economic impact from hurtling over, I'm not sure that this Armegeddon, like so many other advertised "end of economic days," is going to live up to the hype.
While there will certainly be some slowdown attached with the fall, there's a lot to like about the repeal of all the Bush tax cuts and the sequestration, or automatic spending cuts.
I talk about "embracing the cliff"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV