Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) announced today that its subsidiary, Trinity Materials, Inc., has entered into an agreement to acquire certain aggregates operations of Texas Industries, Inc. (“TXI”) that are located in Texas, Colorado, and California. The transaction is expected to close before year-end and is subject to customary closing conditions. Further details regarding the transaction will be provided upon closing.
As part of the transaction, Transit Mix Concrete and Materials Company, also a subsidiary of Trinity Industries, Inc., will transfer to TXI its remaining ready mix operations located in the East Region of Texas and parts of Arkansas. Once this transaction is complete, Trinity will no longer own any ready-mix concrete businesses.
“The transaction with TXI is a continuation of our strategy to focus on the aggregates side of our business. We have been repositioning the Construction Products segment to align with products that have more consistent demand drivers,” said William A. McWhirter II, Trinity Industries, Inc. Senior Vice President and Construction, Marine, and Parts & Components Group President. “We expect the transaction to be slightly accretive but will not have a material impact on Trinity’s ongoing consolidated financial results. We remain positive on the underlying infrastructure and construction markets driving long-term demand for aggregates.”
Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a
diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading
businesses which provide products and services to the industrial,
energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its
financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group,
the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge
Group, the Construction Products Group, and the Energy Equipment Group.
For more information, visit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV