5 Top Charities for Putting Your Money to Work
Second-highest score: Vitamin Angels
CharityNavigator score: 69.68 out of a possible 70
Vitamin Angels provides vitamin A capsules and multivitamins to underprivileged children, pregnant women and nursing mothers in the United States and some 30 other countries. The charity particularly aims to help the estimated 190 million children under 5 who suffer from vitamin A deficiency.
Vitamin Angels estimates providing the world's underprivileged kids with two vitamin A doses per year would cost just 25 cents per recipient but cut global childhood mortality by 24%. The group provided some 24 million people with such supplements last year.Charity Navigator gives Vitamin Angels four stars, lauding the fact that the group puts 95.5 cents of every dollar raised toward good deeds and just some 4.3 cents toward fundraising and other overhead. Vitamin Angels also passes all of CharityNavigators' accountability and transparency checks, and Miniutti says the group gets especially good marks for promising never to sell donors' personal information to outside parties. "Pretty much nothing other than high CEO pay infuriates donors more than a charity selling or trading their contact information," she says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV