Looking for popular stocks with big potential upside? We find that stocks receiving bullish attention from company insiders and hedge funds, that is to say both groups have been buying up stocks, is a good indicator. With that in mind, we screened for stocks showing these signs.
Here’s more detail on what we screened for and why:
Many analysts follow insider buying trends because, after all, those who work for the company tend to know more about their companies than anyone else. Their investment activity is closely monitored and can tell us a lot about where they feel the business is heading.Here we look at insider buying as a percentage of the share float. Companies experiencing insider buying over the past six months provide an indicator that insiders think the stock is undervalued at current levels. Inversely, insider selling serves as a negative indicator. Institutional Activity Institutional investors are also known as “big money” investors. They manage large pools of money such as mutual funds and hedge funds. When they invest in stocks, they can invest hundreds of thousands of dollars or more at one time. These transactions, called “block trades,” can have a significant effect on share prices. Because institutional investors handle such large amounts of money, it is easy enough to assume that the big money managers know more than the average investor. This is why these investors are also sometimes referred to as “smart money,” and why their trades are so closely followed. Business Section: Investing Ideas As a recap, these names are - Seeing net instituional buying in the current quarter
- Seeing net insider buying in the past six months We were left with 10 names, listed below in details. Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Golden Minerals Company ( AUMN, Earnings, Analysts, Financials): Engages in the exploration and development of precious metals and other mineral properties in Mexico and South America. Market cap at $171.17M, most recent closing price at $4.02. Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 2.1M shares, which represents about 6.26% of the company’s float of 33.56M shares. Over the last six months, insiders were net buyers of 1,365,790 shares, which represents about 4.07% of the company’s 33.56M share float.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts