Free cash and cash flow before dividends are non-GAAP measures that management considers to be indicators of liquidity. These measures are used by management to provide information with respect to the relationship between cash provided by operating activities and investment decisions and provides a comparable measure for period to period changes. Free cash is calculated as cash provided by operating activities, less cash used in investing activities and dividends paid, adjusted for changes in cash and cash equivalent balances resulting from FX fluctuations. For the purposes of this press release cash flow before dividends has been calculated as cash provided by operating activities less cash used in investing activities. Dividends have been excluded as, at this time, the board of directors of the Company has not approved dividends for 2016 and therefore it is not appropriate to provide forward looking estimates of what amount such dividends could be. In addition, it is assumed that the Canadian dollar will be at parity with the US dollar, thereby eliminating any foreign exchange FX fluctuations on cash balances. For further information regarding non-GAAP measures see our Management's Discussion and Analysis for the third quarter of 2012 or the document Non-GAAP Measures on our web site at www.cpr.ca.
About Canadian Pacific Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is a low-cost provider that is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
SOURCE Canadian Pacific
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV