Financial expectations on CP's journey to 2016 include:
- Compound annual revenue growth of 4% - 7% off the 2012 base
- A full-year operating ratio in the mid-sixties for 2016
- Cash flow before dividends (*see Non-GAAP Measures below) of $900 million - $1,400 million in 2016
- Annual capital spending in the range of $1.0 - $1.1 billion over the period
- Average fuel cost per gallon of $3.45 U.S. per U.S. gallon
- Defined benefit pension expense of $140 - $150 million through 2016
- Defined benefit pension contributions between $100 - $125 million through 2015 increasing to $200 - $300 million in 2016
- A tax rate of 25 - 27%
- CP becomes fully cash taxable during the four-year period
- Canadian to U.S. exchange rate at par
Fourth Quarter 2012 As previously noted on December 3, 2012, CP anticipates taking a fourth quarter estimated pre-tax non-cash charge of approximately $180 million ( $107 million after tax) on its option to build into the Powder River Basin. CP also anticipates taking a charge related to labour and other restructuring activities, the amount of which is under review.
Editor's Notes:*To access a HD video webcast of the presentations on December 4 and 5 go to: www.cpr.ca under "Invest In CP" tab. **To access the conference by the phone on December 4 and 5, please call 888-821-9349 or 201-604-5056 password 637402. ***Investor Day full-disclosure PowerPoint presentations by Mr. Harrison and his Executive Team can be viewed at www.cpr.ca after 0830 December 5, 2012. Note on Forward-Looking Information This news release contains certain forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws relating, but not limited, to our operations, priorities and plans, anticipated financial performance, business prospects, planned capital expenditures, programs and strategies. This forward-looking information also includes, but is not limited to, statements concerning expectations, beliefs, plans, goals, objectives, assumptions and statements about possible future events, conditions, and results of operations or performance. Forward-looking information may contain statements with words or headings such as "financial expectations", "key assumptions", "anticipate", "believe", "expect", "plan", "will", "outlook", "should" or similar words suggesting future outcomes. To the extent that CP has provided guidance that is a non-GAAP financial measure, the Company may not be able to provide a reconciliation to a GAAP measure, due to unknown variables and uncertainty related to future results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV