- New executive leadership team now in place including a new Senior Operations lead team with a mandate for centralized planning and decentralized execution, to eliminate bureaucracy and have service decisions made faster and closer to the customer;
- Revamped intermodal and merchandise train service resulting in faster transit times for customers - example of new intermodal services connecting Vancouver to Chicago or Toronto;
- Closure of hump-switching yards in Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Chicago - producing significant cost savings and more efficient operating practices;
- Closure of intermodal terminals in Milwaukee, Obico ( Toronto), and Schiller Park ( Chicago) - reducing footprint and operating expenses while also facilitating efficient operating practices and reduced end-to-end transit times;
- Improved train service and network velocity resulting in the need for 195 fewer locomotives and 3,200 fewer leased rail cars - current stored, year-to-date lease returned and declared surplus locomotive units total 460.
Canadian Pacific Outlines New Vision For The Future
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.