ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced the commencement of an underwritten public offering of 21 million ordinary shares by certain selling shareholders that are affiliates of Apollo Management Holdings L.P.
The selling shareholders will agree to a lock-up (subject to certain exceptions) for a period of 30 days after the date of the prospectus supplement for the offering. LyondellBasell will not receive any proceeds from the offering. The total number of LyondellBasell ordinary shares outstanding will not change as a result of the offering.
Barclays Capital is acting as the sole underwriter for the offering.
An automatic shelf registration statement relating to the Company's ordinary shares was previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and became effective upon filing. Before you invest, you should read the prospectus in that registration statement and other documents the Company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the Company and this offering. You may get these documents for free by visiting EDGAR on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, the Company, the underwriter or any dealer participating in the offering will arrange to send you the prospectus if you request it by calling Barclays Capital toll free at (888) 603-5847 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the ordinary shares nor shall there be any sale of these shares of ordinary shares in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. The offering of these shares is being made only by means of a prospectus supplement and related prospectus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV