MSA Declares Special Dividend
PITTSBURGH (AP) â¿¿ Mine Safety Appliances Co. said Tuesday that it will pay a one-time dividend of 28 cents per share, citing the expectation that tax rates will increase next year.
The company plans to pay the dividend on Dec. 28 to shareholders of record on Dec. 14.
"By issuing this special dividend, we see this as an opportunity to generate greater value for our shareholders given the expectation of higher tax rates in 2013," said William M. Lambert, MSA's president and CEO.
The payout of the special dividend won't affect the company's previously announced fourth-quarter dividend, which is scheduled to be paid on Dec. 10 or plans for dividends next year, the company said.MSA shares rose 36 cents to close at $38.74.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV