Jon Anderson Named Head Football Coach At West Virginia State University
Coach brings three national championships and an impressive 134-26 record
INSTITUTE, W.Va., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The defensive coordinator for one of the nation's most successful NAIA and NCAA Division II football programs has been named the new head football coach of the West Virginia State University Yellow Jackets.
Jon Anderson comes to Institute from the University of Sioux Falls (USF) where he has spent the past 11 years, including the past three as the Cougars' defensive coordinator. He was introduced at a press conference today by WVSU's Athletic Director Sean Loyd.Anderson becomes the 13 th head football coach in Yellow Jackets history. "We are delighted that a coach of Jon's caliber, with a solid focus on student academic success and a strong, proven record of winning, is joining the Yellow Jacket family," said Brian O. Hemphill, WVSU president. "Coach Anderson is a great fit for our football program at State," added Athletic Director Sean Loyd. "Our student athletes, and really everyone here at West Virginia State, are ready to take football to the next level. Jon's winning record speaks for itself, and we are confident he will bring that same level of success to our program." This past season, competing in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC) as an NCAA Division II program, the Cougars went 9-2. In prior years, USF competed as an NAIA school and won the NAIA National Championship in 2006, 2008 and 2009, and was the national runner-up in 2007 and 2010. Overall, the Cougars have posted a 134-26 record including a 21-5 playoff record with Anderson as part of the coaching staff. USF has dominated its conference opponents, winning 92 of its last 95 conference games. In 2009, the school posted a perfect 15-0 record in claiming its second consecutive NAIA national championship.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV