(1) In April 2012, we announced the signing of an agreement for all of the equity interests of MGHC Holding Corporation (“Mattress Giant”), including 181 specialty retail stores. The acquisition closed on May 2, 2012. In September 2012, we announced the signing of an agreement for the acquisition of the leasehold interests, store assets, distribution center assets and related inventories, and assumption of certain liabilities, of Mattress XPress, Inc. and Mattress XPress of Georgia, Inc. (collectively, “Mattress X-Press”), including 34 mattress specialty retail stores. The acquisition closed on September 25, 2012. Acquisition-related costs, consisting of direct transaction costs and integration costs, are included in the results of operations as incurred. During the thirteen and thirty-nine weeks ended October 30, 2012, we incurred $3.0 million and $10.1 million of acquisition-related costs, respectively.
(2) Reflects $1.9 million of costs borne by us in connection with a secondary offering of shares of common stock by certain of our selling stockholders which was completed in October 2012.
(3) Reflects effective income tax rate of 38.9% and an additional $0.3 million in foregone tax benefits on certain acquisition-related costs considered nondeductible.
Our “As Adjusted” data is considered a non-U.S. GAAP financial measure and is not in accordance with, or preferable to, “As Reported,” or GAAP financial data. However, we are providing this information as we believe it facilitates year-over-year comparisons for investors and financial analysts.About Mattress Firm Houston-based Mattress Firm is one of the nation’s leading specialty bedding retailers, offering a broad selection of both traditional and specialty mattresses from leading manufacturers, including Sealy, Serta, Simmons, Stearns & Foster and Tempur-Pedic.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts