- While the job market for men has recently improved, the lasting effects of the recession have altered the traditional “provider” paradigm. With that, the new chief buyer in the American household is the man of the house. With the rise of the “mansumer” comes a whole new set of potential seed changes in advertising, purchase patterns and common marketing practices.
- At the height of the recession, unemployment was more than 2% higher for men. Whether by choice or by need, men are now in charge of child care, shopping and household activities – and they embrace their new role and the impact they can make.
- 40% of men are now the primary grocery shopper in the household; 44% of men say they equally share in housecleaning and a whopping 86% of men agree being a man equals doing what is necessary to keep the household running. And that includes buying the holiday gifts.
- Men Shop Differently: For men, shopping activity is more functional than emotional, and the purpose is to solve a problem or meet a need. To them, the priority is convenience and most of all that their ability to make informative decision is met.
This Holiday Shopping Season, It’s All About The “Mansumer”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts