NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Adam Smith was wrong.
In his classic
Smith never met Bill Frist of the
Hospital Corporation of America
(HCA)-controlling Frist family. Or
Las Vegas Sands
(LVS) CEO Sheldon Adelson. Or
(ORCL) CEO Larry Ellison. Or dozens of other extremely-rich people who, appalled that taxes on dividends, currently at the 15% capital gains rate, would rise in January to the rates on ordinary income, as high as 39.6%, with a special 3.8% tax on investment income on top to pay for health reform, are cashing out early, as
The folks at
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS), $2.75/share to shareholders of record December 6.
- Sturm Ruger (RGR), $4.50/share to shareholders of record December 7.
- Heartland Express (HTLD), $1/share to shareholders of record December 7.
- Costco (COST), $7/share to shareholders of record December 10.
- Lancaster Colony (LANC), $5/share to shareholders of record December 10.
- Brown Forman (BF.B), $4/share to shareholders of record December 12.
- Electro-Scientific Industries (ESIO), $2/share to shareholders of record December 13.
- Cato (CATO), $1/share to shareholders of record December 14.
- Dish Network (DISH), $1/share to shareholders of record December 14.
- Pet-Med Express (PETS), $1/share to shareholders of record December 14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV