News Summary: Gold Prices Fall On 'fiscal Cliff'
By The Associated Press
GOLD DROPS: The price of gold fell to its lowest level in a month as negotiations continued over the U.S. budget. Investors have sold contracts for profit or stayed on the sidelines as lawmakers remain at odds over their budget proposals.
CLIFF WATCH: There are just a few weeks left before the U.S. reaches the "fiscal cliff," which refers to automatic tax increases and government spending cuts which would take effect Jan. 1 if a budget agreement isn't reached.
UP, DOWN: Prices fell for industrial metals, oil, wheat and corn. Soybeans are higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV