Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined representatives from Walgreens to celebrate the grand opening of a new Walgreens flagship store in the Bucktown-Wicker Park neighborhood on Tuesday afternoon, taking the opportunity to remind Chicagoans about the importance of getting a flu shot this season.
“This new flagship Walgreens not only provides dozens of new jobs for Chicagoans, it serves as an anchor for these neighborhoods and is opening just in time to add to the City’s flu prevention efforts this season,” said Mayor Emanuel. “It's important for people across the city to take steps that keep them healthy. The City has launched an interactive online tool to help Chicagoans find flu shot locations and has crafted partnerships to provide additional opportunities for people to get flu shots right in their own neighborhoods. The City is working to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get a flu shot and maintain their health this winter."
This week, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) is teaming with Walgreens and community partners across Chicago to remind Chicagoans that "It's Not Too Late to Get a Flu Shot" and launch the first Vaccinate Chicago Week, which runs through Saturday, December 8. During Vaccinate Chicago Week, Chicagoans can find flu vaccine clinics right in their neighborhoods - with many offering free flu shots.
“We’re proud to welcome Mayor Emanuel to this great new location to reinforce the need for prevention and protection from influenza,” said Kermit Crawford, Walgreens President of Pharmacy, Health and Wellness. “We continue to work together to develop new programs that bring our pharmacists and Take Care Clinic nurse practitioners into Chicago communities, providing greater access to flu shots and other immunizations. Initiatives like Vaccinate Chicago Week can go a long way toward keeping Chicago healthy throughout the cold and flu season.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV