eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) is rated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a grade of A. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels.
To view a list of all 50 stocks simply download our FREE report by clicking: HERE
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, EBAY INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Although EBAY's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, EBAY has a quick ratio of 2.33, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- EBAY's revenue growth trails the industry average of 44.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 21.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $490.50 million to $597.00 million.
eBay Inc. provides online platforms, services, and tools to help individuals and merchants in online and mobile commerce and payments in the United States and internationally.You can view the full eBay Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV