NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Google (GOOG) said it released an updated version of its popular Gmail software for Apple (AAPL) iPhones and iPads. It's not just a small "bug fix" but a full-blown overhaul of the software.
You notice the difference as soon as the download or installation is completed. There's a new icon, and a fresh look and feel to the app itself.
Google said it's added features such as profile pictures in messages, automatic predictions while performing searches, new animations that will swivel to transitions and infinite scrolling inside message lists.As one might expect, there is better integration with other Google services. So now you can do tasks such as RSVP easily to Google Calendar invitations and also "+1" and comment on Google+ posts from the new Gmail app. The biggest improvement is for multiple accounts. Now Gmail for iOS will allow you to log in in to as many as five Gmail accounts at the same time and easily switch between them. Gmail 2.0 runs on iOS 5 and later operating systems, and is available now, at no charge, from Apple's App Store. -- Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV