PACCAR Inc’s (Nasdaq:PCAR) Board of Directors today declared an extra cash dividend in the amount of eighty cents ($.80) per share, payable on December 28, 2012, to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 14, 2012. The Board of Directors also declared a regular quarterly cash dividend in the amount of twenty cents ($.20) per share, payable on March 5, 2013, to stockholders of record at the close of business on February 15, 2013. “The special cash dividend reflects the company’s excellent revenues and net income,” said Mark Pigott, chairman and chief executive officer. “Good truck production worldwide, a robust aftermarket business and strong PACCAR Financial Services profits generated net income of $858.1 million ($2.41 per diluted share) for the first nine months of 2012. The nine month net income results are the fourth best in PACCAR’s history.”
PACCAR’s excellent long-term profits, strong balance sheet and intense focus on quality, technology and productivity have enabled the company to invest $5.1 billion in capital projects, innovative products and new technologies during the last decade. “Our customers and dealers are delighted with the recent introductions of the new Kenworth T680, Peterbilt Model 579 and DAF XF Euro 6 vehicles,” noted Ron Armstrong, PACCAR president.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
PACCAR shares are traded on the Nasdaq Global Select market, symbol PCAR, and its homepage is www.paccar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV