NEW YORK ( TheStreet --
Android is 75% of the market share now, Jim. I mean we all thought Apple (AAPL) owned this market and now we've got Android coming up 75% of the market share. If you had to choose between Google or Apple, which one would you pick?
Jim:I prefer Apple here. I'll tell you why. Both companies reported disappointing last quarters. Okay? Apple has fallen precipitously. Google (GOOG) has fallen, not as much in percentage. But Google is in a lot of things that don't make a lot of money. They don't make as much money on Android as Apple does on its phones, even though Android is taking a lot of share. And then this advertising business is not a good business right now. Facebook (FB), I think, is doing a lot of creative things starting from ground zero to do well on mobile. I would have thought that Google is making more money on mobile, but the issue is that Google could be going flat out on mobile and it still just doesn't generate the money that desktop did. So Google has a higher multiple than Apple, and since Apple has had two bad quarters, Google has had one, I think you have to...I like Google, but I worry about... Debra Borchardt: But if you had to pick, your pick is Apple. Jim: Yes. Exactly. If I have to pick between the two of them I'm going to pick Apple. I mean, let's say you make it easy Google, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), or Dell (DELL) ... Debra Borchardt: That doesn't make it easy for you. Jim: Well you didn't make it easy so I'll pick Apple. Debra Borchardt: Okay. --Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV