WEST CHESTER, Ohio, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of women who have overcome obstacles to make a positive difference in the lives of others, the AK Steel Foundation is underwriting the Steel Magnolia Awards – honoring six women who reside in the vicinity of AK Steel's corporate headquarters and plant operations. The awards are worth $1,000 each, and will be presented in the form of a grant made to an eligible non-profit organization selected by each recipient.
"All of the award recipients are courageous women who, despite personal challenges, have made a significant difference in the lives of others," said James L. Wainscott, Chairman, President and CEO of AK Steel. "Through the company's foundation, we are proud to honor these inspirational women by sponsoring the Steel Magnolia Awards."
The Middletown, Ohio, Community Foundation independently administers the Steel Magnolia Awards Program. For additional information about the program, contact the Middletown Community Foundation at 513-424-7369.
2012 Steel Magnolia Award Recipients:
- In honor of the late Christine Bosch of Millbury, Ohio. Her award will support Cardinal Stritch High School.
- Candy Goldie of Ashland, Kentucky. Her award will support the Shelter of Hope homeless shelter.
- Jayme Lingo of West Lafayette, Ohio. Her award will support the Fisher Nightingale House at Wright Patterson Air Force Base – a facility where family members of veterans reside while their loved ones undergo medical treatment.
- Mother Seraphina Marie of Covington, Kentucky. Her award will support the charitable outreach of the Franciscan Daughters of Mary through the Rose Garden Home Mission.
- Margaret Quinn of Zanesville, Ohio. Her award will support her local six county chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- Sheree Young of Middletown, Ohio. Her award will support the Help Endure A Loss Program for bereaved parents at Atrium Medical Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV