- The top actions taken by asset owners to address the liquidity crunch include more vigorous stress testing and the revisions of liquidity-related investment policies.
- Fixed income investing remains a growth area among defined-benefit pension plans. Thirty-nine percent of corporate plans surveyed expect to increase allocations to corporate investment-grade debt and 30 percent of public plans anticipate expanding allocations to emerging market debt investments in the coming year.
- Nearly 84 percent of respondents still consider the endowment model of investing a highly effective framework for today’s markets.
- Forty-five percent of asset owners reported that low yields on traditional assets have increased their organization’s appetite for alternatives, particularly among institutions at the smaller end of the market.
- Data integration remains a top operational challenge. Nearly half of respondents cited challenges with achieving a comprehensive analysis of their portfolio and two-thirds expect their data management needs to increase over the next three years.
State Street Vision Paper Reveals Asset Owners’ New Perspective On Asset Allocation Strategies
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts