1. As of noon trading, Johnson & Johnson ( JNJ) is up $0.44 (0.6%) to $70.09 on average volume Thus far, 6.5 million shares of Johnson & Johnson exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $69.45-$70.49 after having opened the day at $69.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.65. Johnson & Johnson, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the research and development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. Johnson & Johnson has a market cap of $193.2 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Johnson & Johnson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson & Johnson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Johnson & Johnson Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health care sector could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health care sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts