Acquity Group Study Finds 82% Of Top 50 Retailers Have Basic Mobile Offerings; Only 10% Bring Digital Experience In-Store
CHICAGO, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Acquity Group (NYSE MKT: AQ), a leading global Brand eCommerce® and digital marketing company, announced today the results of its inaugural 2012 Brand eCommerce Audit, which evaluates
Interbrand's Best Retail
Brands 2012 on customer engagement across digital channels.
When it comes to mobile, 82 percent of retailers have a mobile optimized site, 72 percent have a mobile or tablet app, and 66 percent have both. Most of these brands make use of basic mobile capabilities, including shopping carts (88%), featured products (85%), customer reviews (63%) and contact forms (54%), but there are improvement opportunities in many areas, including:
- Less than half (44%) of retailers evaluated currently provide click-to-call.
- Although 76 percent of retailers offer product image zoom capabilities on big browser, only 39 percent have this offering on mobile.
- While the vast majority (98%) have email opt-in options on big browser, a mere 34 percent support this feature on mobile.
The study also found only one in 10 brands offer up-and-coming in-store digital experiences such as augmented reality, relevant product content access, in-store loyalty applications and digital barcode coupons. Moreover, only 28 percent of retailers allow flexible "pay-by-phone" capabilities, including Google Wallet and PayPal, at their brick-and-mortar locations.
"Now that brands recognize the importance of the mobile channel, their focus must shift to adopting forward-looking mobility strategies to augment their in-store and big browser sales channels," said Jay Dettling, Executive Vice President of Acquity Group. "Mobile is no longer a separate channel for eCommerce. Through this research, we uncovered many areas where brands lack progressive initiatives that contribute to a truly Omnichannel experience."
The brands leading the way in terms of mobile, in order of scoring, include: Nordstrom, Best Buy, Walgreens, American Eagle Outfitters, Dick's Sporting Goods, Victoria's Secret, Home Depot, Urban Outfitters and GameStop. Rounding out the leaders and tied for tenth were Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic. Dollar Tree, Bath & Body Works, Big Lots, Tractor Supply and Rent-A-Center were the only retailers on Interbrand's list without a mobile presence.Retailers Mature on Big Browser Brands received high marks overall for their big browser presence. More than 90 percent of retailers offer email opt-in (98%), contact form (94%), featured products (98%), product images (96%), site search (98%) and store locator (94%) capabilities. In addition, all companies evaluated have website uptimes of at least 95 percent and only 46 percent are using Google Pay-Per-Click for advertisement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV