Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:54 a.m. ET with closing information, corrects ticker symbol in headline.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Friday:
Cramer noted the downgrade of Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) by Piper Jaffray, saying people think the fourth quarter is going to be really bad. He's not excited about the movies. RGC shares fell 3% at the Friday close.
On the downgrade of Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD), Cramer said all Canadian banks were downgraded today, so maybe it's brother against brother. TD closed off 1%.Barclays starts Hertz (HTZ) as a buy. Cramer said the rates for rental cars have gone up very big. Hertz just eliminated one competitor through merger so those left in the sector are good stocks. HTZ was up 1% at the close. On Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM), Cramer said to look out because it may take some Apple (AAPL) business from Samsung. TSM ended the day flat. Cramer said he disagrees with JPMorgan's Marathon Oil (MRO) neutral rating. "I think it's a mistake," Cramer said, adding the company is worth a great deal of money. MRO shares were 1% higher. This Coventry Health (CVH) deal is good, Cramer said of JPMorgan's upgrade of Aetna (AET). Watch this group, Cramer said. People are supposed to hate insurance companies ahead of Obamacare, but no, the stock is doing very well. AET stock closed up 3%. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV