Big Data Mergers
Big data is all the rage, as companies try to understand their customers better, and cater to specific needs.
Considering how flush with cash the technology sector is, I would not be surprised to see a buying spree on "big data" companies that add discovery and analytical technologies to their portfolios. Splunk (SPLK) is one company that focuses on data, having called itself the "Google of big data" to TheStreet earlier this year.Companies like IBM (IBM), Oracle (ORCL), SAP (SAP) and perhaps even Google itself may be willing to open up their checkbooks to make more sense of the world's information overload.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV