Twitter Files to Go Public
This isn't the same thing as going public, which Facebook (FB) did in mid-2012. Twitter will likely file its documents in preparation for an initial public offering in 2014.
Last year I predicted that Google (GOOG) would acquire the micro-blogging site. I wouldn't be surprised if Google makes another run at Twitter, though I expect Twitter would prefer to remain independent.CEO Dick Costolo has been pretty adamant that the company doesn't need to raise funds soon, as it tries to maximize revenue, while maintaining the user experience and value that Twitter has become. In mid-2012, Twitter said it "expects to generate at least $1 billion in sales in 2014." I think we'll see Twitter file its documents around November, with an expected offering sometime around February.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV