Everything mobile moved to the forefront this year. Mobile hardware was at the heart of everything, led by companies like Apple (AAPL) and, to a lesser extent, Google (GOOG) and Amazon (AMZN). Mobile payments were provided by Square and eBay's (EBAY) PayPal. Mobile shopping was done on Amazon and a variety of other flash-sites and daily-deal shopping.
That theme won't change in 2013, though there may be fewer products and more services, software and games.
On the following pages is an outlook, including the possibility of an Apple TV and the fate of certain handset makers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV