OWINGS MILLS, Md., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, announced today the launch of its new Lean & Green Meal Helpers™ category and added Macaroni & Cheese to the product lineup. These new introductions complement the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan ®, in which clients eat five Medifast meals and one Lean & Green meal each day.
Medifast's first-ever seasoning mix line, Lean & Green Meal Helpers, includes spice mix packets specially formulated to help clients prepare Lean & Green meals on the plan without sacrificing flavor. The Fajita Seasoning and Brown Gravy Mixes make meal preparation for the entire family even more convenient and each flavor comes with a Lean & Green recipe booklet. Additionally, the introduction of Macaroni & Cheese offers a new hearty comfort food option, without the added calories. Like each of the current 70+ Medifast Meal choices, Macaroni & Cheese is interchangeable with all other meal options on the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan.
"The addition of Lean & Green Meal Helpers and Macaroni & Cheese meets our clients' needs by offering them another desirable meal option and ways to enhance their daily Lean and Green meal," said Michael MacDonald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medifast, Inc. "The products provide more flexibility to customize the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan and reflect our dedication to facilitating long-term weight loss and maintenance."Medifast products and programs have been recommended by over 20,000 doctors since 1980. Clients can expect to lose 2-5 pounds per week for the first two weeks and 1-2 pounds per week thereafter on the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV