Using just 11 watts of power while putting out over 830 lumens, the latest generation of Philips’ 60 watt A-19 LED bulb uses 10 percent less energy than its 12.5 watt predecessor, while increasing brightness by nearly 5 percent. The new lamp has an innovative new design that takes advantage of Philips AirFlux technology, a new airflow cooling system that eliminates the traditional distracting heat sink fins needed for thermal management of LED bulbs. Philips will be unveiling the new bulb at The Home Depot store on 59 th Street in Manhattan on December 4 th – 5 th and at the 23 rd Street store on December 5 th-6 th, offering consumers a $5 savings and the opportunity to learn more about LED lighting technology for the home. It will also be available at www.homedepot.com/lightbulbs with roll out to all Home Depot stores the beginning of the 2013.
Philips A-19 LED bulb gets a new aesthetic look and enhanced performance (Photo: Business Wire)
Designed to exceed Energy Star specifications, the bulb will reduce energy consumption by 85 percent, last 25 times longer and save an estimated $134.00 in electricity costs during its lifespan, as compared to the traditional 60-watt incandescent. This LED bulb will also offer consumers two different color temperatures, Soft White and Daylight, while the new sleek white shape makes it ideal for open fixtures and sheer shades.
The new Philips A-19 LED bulb offers enhanced dimming capabilities, dimming down to 2 percent of power, while working with a broader range of dimmers. This further simplifies use and allows consumers to enjoy an effective, low energy solution for lighting in the home. For business users, particularly those within the hospitality sector, the new lamp will provide instant plug-in savings, through reduced energy and maintenance costs, in comparison with traditional bulbs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV