Hagens Berman has been investigating Abiomed’s knowledge of issues raised by the FDA concerning the Impella’s marketing since the revelation this November of a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation and HIPAA subpoena. A class-action securities lawsuit alleging that Abiomed made false or misleading statements to investors regarding the FDA’s concerns about the marketing of the Impella System is pending in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
“Our investigation centers on what Abiomed executives knew regarding possible off-label marketing of Impella, and to what extent they knew those issues could have a material impact on the company’s financial outlook,” said Mr. Kathrein. “If investors were left in the dark about serious concerns at the FDA regarding the marketing of Impella, we believe the company is liable under the securities laws for investor losses.”
More information about this investigation is available at http://hb-securities.com/investigations/Abiomed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV