Additional features and benefits of the MSP430F521x/F522x microcontrollers
- Bridge between application processor and other technologies, including sensors, keyboards, radio frequency (RF), Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) technology and Wi-Fi®, eliminating the need for expensive level shifting circuits to translate 1.8V signals to 3.6V signals, saving size, cost and power.
- Active power at 290uA/MHz in Flash and 150uA/MHz in RAM, standby mode at 1.4uA and ultra-fast wakeup at 3.5us for ultra-low-power consumption.
- Low-power peripherals including comparator, multiple communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO), real time clock (RTC) module, 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and multiple 16-bit timers.
- Multiple package sizes offer versatility with 48- and 64-pin QFN, 80-pin BGA options with up to 128k memory and a 3.5mmx3.5mm YFF package (available in 1Q13), enabling small footprint in portable computing applications.
Pricing and availability
MSP430F521x/F522x microcontrollers are priced from
$2.05 for 1K units and samples are immediately available. Customers can contact local sales representatives or visit
www.ti.com for more information on available HID over I2C solutions. The
MSP-TS430RGC64C target socket is now available for
$99 USD. The
MSP-FET430U64C target socket and UIF emulator is also now available for
$149 USD from TI's
Find out more about TI's MSP430F521x/F522x microcontrollers by visiting the links below:
- MSP430 F521x/F522x microcontrollers: www.ti.com/f522x-pr-lp
- MSP430F521x/F522x data sheet: www.ti.com/f522x-datasheet-pr-td
- 9-axis sensor fusion app note: www.ti.com/f522x-sensorfusion-pr-td
- Keyboard controller with HID over USB app note: www.ti.com/f522x-HID-USB-pr-td
- MSP430 tools page: www.ti.com/f522x-tools-pr-lp
- MSP430 software page: www.ti.com/f522x-software-pr-lp
TI's broad portfolio of MCUs and softwareFrom ultra-low-power and Value Line MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex™-M MCUs to real-time control C2000™ MCUs, and Hercules™ safety MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
About Texas InstrumentsTexas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TrademarksMSP430, C2000, Hercules, OMAP, Sitara and E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. Stellaris is a registered trademark. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts