PLEASANTON, Calif., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recent Safeway (NYSE: SWY) survey, 78 percent of shoppers plan to make baking cookies a family activity during the holiday season, with 82 percent planning to serve or gift homemade baked goods. Whether baking from scratch or looking for the perfect ready-to-go dessert to take to a party, Safeway is the destination for everything shoppers need for baking this holiday season.
"Everything we do at Safeway is driven by meeting our shoppers' needs," said Mike Minasi, President of Marketing for Safeway. "That's why we are providing a wider selection and unbeatable deals in every aisle throughout the holiday season."
With 92 percent of shoppers seeking value on baking items this holiday, Safeway enables shoppers to save up to 10 - 20 percent more by using Just for U™, an easy to use mobile and online savings tool offering digital coupons and personalized offers."Baking around the holidays is a time-honored tradition," said Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef of The Safeway Culinary Kitchens. "To help shoppers get in the holiday spirit, Safeway has created some amazing recipes and tools that put a new twist on baking." Impress Your Guests with Personalized Baking Items
- With 50 percent more custom decorating items in the baking aisle at Safeway this holiday season, it is now easier than ever to find just the right sprinkles, decorations and gels to personalize pre-made or homemade treats. Bakers of all skill levels can now shop for the decoration assortment they need to top a decadent dessert or simple sugar cookies – and truly wow guests and friends.
- Create a virtual treat with the new Virtual Cupcake Decorator, available through the Safeway Chef Assistant App. Easy for all ages, the Virtual Cupcake Decorator allows kids and parents to choose an icing, frost a cupcake, and select a multitude of toppings through a virtual decorating process. Completed virtual cupcakes can be emailed or shared via Facebook and Twitter to help spread holiday cheer.
- Delight family and friends by pairing home baked desserts with holiday cocktails. Recipes for delectable combinations of cocktails and desserts, including the World's Best Cookie paired with a Sweet Tequila Squeeze or a Date Cake paired with a Pomegranate Rickey, can be found on the Safeway Holiday Site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV