Ligand’s Chief Operating Officer Matt Foehr will discuss Ligand’s research and development model, highlighting the ability of Captisol ® to serve as a platform for growth due to the pharmaceutical industry’s increasing need for formulation solubility and stability, and illustrating that:
- Captisol can make new drugs possible, and can make existing drugs better, by enhancing their delivery characteristics.
- Ligand's Captisol-based royalties are well positioned for growth with the recent approval of Kyprolis, and potential new products like The Medicines Company’s MDCO-157 (Captisol-enabled clopidogrel), Lundbeck's carbemazepine, and Rib-X's delafloxacin advancing through or toward late-stage development.
Vice President of Corporate Development Nishan de Silva, M.D. will present an in-depth presentation of select portfolio assets with highlights as follows:
- Ligand is entitled to royalties on Merck’s lead BACE inhibitor compound for Alzheimer’s disease. Merck has reported single doses are associated with up to a 92% mean reduction of beta amyloid levels from baseline. Merck announced the initiation of a Phase 2/3 clinical trial on December 3rd.
- Ligand is entitled to milestones and royalties for dinaciclib, for which Merck recently initiated a Phase 2b/3 study for chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Pfizer expects a decision from the European Medicines Agency in 2013 regarding Aprela for the treatment of symptoms associated with menopause and the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Ligand is initiating a pivotal trial for Captisol-enabled melphalan (LGD-353) for the treatment of multiple myeloma.
- GlaxoSmithKline recently received approval for Promacta treatment of thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic hepatitis C and is pursuing development for Promacta in oncology-related indications.
In addition to the presentations by members of Ligand management, Simona Skerjanec, Vice President Chest Pain Care Pathway at the Medicines Company, will be providing an update on the antiplatelet therapy market and Ligand-partnered program MDCO-157.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV