SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (NYSE: USNA), a global nutritional company, commends former Women's Tennis Association (WTA) World No. 1 Kim Clijsters, on her recent retirement and outstanding career. The tennis star, who first learned about USANA when it became the Official Health Supplement Supplier of the WTA in 2006, has been one of the company's brand ambassadors for the past two years.
"USANA has had a very big impact on my life, both as a tennis player and a mother, and has helped give me the energy I need to do both of those things," said Clijsters. "I'm excited to see what the future will bring me and my family, and I thank USANA for their continued support."
During her career, Clijsters won 41 singles and 11 doubles titles, became a four-time Grand Slam winner, competed in the 2012 Summer Games and was honored with the Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award eight times for her professional outlook, positive attitude and sense of fair play both on and off the court."Kim is a tremendous athlete and has become a great asset to USANA over the years. We wish her the best on her future endeavors," said USANA Chief Communications Officer Dan Macuga. Clijsters, who announced her retirement earlier this year at the U.S. Open, will conclude her career by playing one last singles match against Venus Williams during the Kim's Thank You Games with BNP Paribas Fortis, at the Antwerp Sports Palace on December 12. The match will kick-start the farewell ceremony to the Belgian athlete. USANA would also like to congratulate the rest of its WTA Ambassadors on their notable season achievements:
- Sam Stosur, the current No. 1 Australian player, competed at the 2012 London Games and finished the season at No. 9 overall in the singles rankings. The tennis star also received the NewCombe Medal for the third consecutive year.
- Zheng Jie (CHN) won her fourth WTA title at Auckland and finished in the Top Thirty singles rankings at No. 26.
- Liezel Huber ( USA) won her 49th through 53rd WTA doubles titles with doubles partner, Lisa Raymond, at Paris [Indoors], Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells and New Haven and was ranked No. 8 overall in doubles rankings.
- Melanie Oudin ( USA) won her first WTA title at Birmingham, defeating Jelena Jankovic 64–62.
- Aleksandra Wozniak finished the season as the No. 1 Canadian player and was listed in the Top 50 for the third time, at No. 43.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV