SALT LAKE CITY
Dec. 4, 2012
USANA Health Sciences, Inc.
(NYSE: USNA), a global nutritional company, commends former Women's Tennis Association (WTA) World No. 1
, on her recent retirement and outstanding career. The tennis star, who first learned about USANA when it became the Official Health Supplement Supplier of the WTA in 2006, has been one of the company's brand ambassadors for the past two years.
"USANA has had a very big impact on my life, both as a tennis player and a mother, and has helped give me the energy I need to do both of those things," said Clijsters. "I'm excited to see what the future will bring me and my family, and I thank USANA for their continued support."
During her career, Clijsters won 41 singles and 11 doubles titles, became a four-time Grand Slam winner, competed in the 2012 Summer Games and was honored with the
Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award
eight times for her professional outlook, positive attitude and sense of fair play both on and off the court.
"Kim is a tremendous athlete and has become a great asset to USANA over the years. We wish her the best on her future endeavors," said USANA Chief Communications Officer
Clijsters, who announced her retirement earlier this year at the U.S. Open, will conclude her career by playing one last singles match against
Kim's Thank You Games
with BNP Paribas Fortis, at the Antwerp Sports Palace on
. The match will kick-start the farewell ceremony to the Belgian athlete.
USANA would also like to congratulate the rest of its WTA Ambassadors on their notable season achievements:
- Sam Stosur, the current No. 1 Australian player, competed at the 2012 London Games and finished the season at No. 9 overall in the singles rankings. The tennis star also received the NewCombe Medal for the third consecutive year.
- Zheng Jie (CHN) won her fourth WTA title at Auckland and finished in the Top Thirty singles rankings at No. 26.
- Liezel Huber ( USA) won her 49th through 53rd WTA doubles titles with doubles partner, Lisa Raymond, at Paris [Indoors], Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells and New Haven and was ranked No. 8 overall in doubles rankings.
- Melanie Oudin ( USA) won her first WTA title at Birmingham, defeating Jelena Jankovic 64–62.
- Aleksandra Wozniak finished the season as the No. 1 Canadian player and was listed in the Top 50 for the third time, at No. 43.
"I train for hours everyday and USANA's supplements help replenish and nourish me. I know that I can trust their products because I know what I'm taking is safe and pure," said Stosur. "I'm thankful for their partnership and am proud to be one of the 600-plus elite athletes who trust my health to USANA."