- The company is building a 922-kilowatt system for Western Municipal Water District (Western) at its operations center in Riverside, Western's second solar installation since SunPower completed a 1-megawatt system at the West Riverside Wastewater Treatment plant, a Western-administrated and operated joint powers authority facility, in 2009. The new installation is expected to be operational early next year.
- SunPower is also completing a 1.2-megawatt system for the City of Oceanside Water Utilities Department. The system is expected to generate the equivalent of 25 to 30 percent of electricity demand at the facility, and save more than $1.6 million in electricity costs over the next 20 years. It will be operational by the end of this year.
SunPower Solar Power Systems For Water Facilities Exceeding Performance Expectations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.